Dots in Oslo ........ as planned!
Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)
2011-10-16 23:24:09 UTC
The Legendary Pink Dots put on a stellar performance in Oslo @
Revolver over the course of a couple of hours in a hip basement venue
i had never been before. Go and catch them if they are in your area
these coming months...! I spoke with Raymond Steeg for a few words who
was engineering Hawkwind around their "Distant Horizons" album from
1997, and mentioned that the remaster brings out the scope of the
sound rather well. He recognized my Sonic Assassins '77 t-shirt so
immediately it came up that he had toured with the Hawks for 7 years.
If the Dots hit somewhere close to your dwelling, one really should
see them (i like them live better than studio, these days, though alot
of the excellent material was culled from "Seconds Late For The
Brighton Line" album from last year). I also bought "Prayer For
Aradia" CD at the merch stand, an album which oddly had passed me by
before. The venue was medium size-ish, about 35 people attended (no
more than 40 i am sure). SWYM, Alice Deer
Digwin
2011-10-19 12:44:43 UTC
On Oct 16, 5:24 pm, "Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)"
Post by Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)
[...]
The Legendary Pink Dots is my favorite band right now along with Art
of Noise. I got into a pissing contest with Korax about them. I told
the guys who were in the witchcraft seminar, I told the guys clearly
that I was in possession of two Legendary Pink Dots albums, and Korax
processed it as I was curious about them and started bragging about
the ones that he owned. After exactly eleven minutes of watching him
use the band to garner cred, I decided the flow of bullshit had
reduced enough to put in my two pennies. When I repeated that I had
two albums, one of them among the ones he listed, the place just went
quiet. He had thought I was a Legendary Pink Dots lightweight and was
expounding on his mastery of the subject totally overlooking that I
had claimed Member status. Korax was rarely shown up and this was how
he responded with just full on silence. I will admit that he was no
amateur when it came to argument, but clearly his ego got in the way
of his judgement, reading comprehension and putting down the right
hits. He put down hits alright, just he strutted his ass all about
like a nigger. We can learn from his example. We can learn not to
follow it.

JFW
Digwin
2011-10-20 06:24:41 UTC
Post by Digwin
[...]
Is it because of Korax that you make people be full on Kevin's mom
silent?

JFW
Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)
Which 2 LPD albums do you own?
Dr. W.
2011-10-22 15:42:00 UTC
On Oct 22, 2:08 am, "Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)"
Post by Digwin
Post by Digwin
[...]
Have you heard that new Fat Boy song?

J.
Crypt Keeper
2011-10-23 16:36:55 UTC
Post by Digwin
Post by Digwin
[...]
I guess my mental acivity has dictated it to be "below my radar". So,
ehhh, no!
Dr. W.
2011-10-24 03:12:28 UTC
Post by Digwin
Post by Digwin
[...]
I listen to 51 % Canta Mientras Puedas and 49% 9 Lives to Wonder.

J.
Alisdair Battlegrave (Dawnrazor)
2011-10-24 17:09:35 UTC
Post by Dr. W.
[...]